If you are moving, downsizing, or simply making some design changes in your home, consigning your unneeded items with Cape Fear Consignments & More is the way to go. We’re currently accepting gently used furniture, accessories and unique accent pieces.
How to Consign
We are happy to accept new and used:
- Occasional Tables
- Dining Tables
- Small home decor items
- Outdoor furniture
- Home Accessories (lamps, framed, art and mirrors), and more!
You can drop by the store for an in-person review or email pictures of your items. Consignments are accepted on Monday through Friday. As a general rule, furniture and accessories must be in very good condition and current in style.
Please note: We are not an antique dealer, and do not price fine antiques. Due to allergy concerns, we cannot accept any upholstered items from homes with smoking or pets. Dirty or soiled items will not be accepted.
Do you have large furniture to bring in or take home? Cape Fear Consignments & More offers in-house pickup and delivery for larger items. Ask Us about our delivery area! Accepted merchandise will immediately be priced and placed on the sales floor.
We strongly advise that you clean or dust off any items before consigning them. Once your piece has sold, you, as the consignor, will receive 50% of the sale price.
Cape Fear Consignments & More will work hard to sell your items. In addition to maintaining our beautiful storefront in Leland, we will also market select items through our First Dibs Club via email blasts. We’ll also utilize select print advertising, radio and Facebook, as a part of our marketing plan.
This agreement is entered into as of the date herein, by and between the parties named herin, subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. Cape Fear Consignments will be referred herein as CFC.
- Retained Fees: All Consigned Items: Fifty percent (50%) of the selling price shall be retained by CFC.
- Retail prices of consigned items will be set by store staff determined by original price, maker, age, condition, and/or market value as well as other factors not listed. Consignor retains the right to take back items they fill is/are underpriced. CFC retains the right to refuse consignors that argue pricing with CFC staff.
- Liability: CFC will care for your merchandise to the best of our ability, but will not be held liable for damage by reason of theft, loss, or transporting to or within store.
- Ownership: Consignor owns, outright, all items they have consigned with CFC up to point of sale.
- Price Reduction: All items consigned will be subject to a 10% price reduction after 30 days and another 10% reduction after 60 days.
- Contact Information: It is the Consignors responsibility to keep contact information to include current phone number, email (if any) and address up to date with CFC. CFC is not responsible for loss of return checks when determined the information provided was outdated or incorrect. Consignor will pay $30.00 fee for replacement check which can be paid with consignor settlement.
- Photographs: CFC has the right to photograph items and use the photographs to market the items and CFC.
- Settlements: Consignors with settlements less than $10 within a given month will not be settled by a check but given store credit or balance carried to following month. Settlement checks are issued monthly on the 10th for the whole prior month. Consignors may pick their check up at the shop beginning on the 10th. Checks not picked up will be mailed on the last day of the month.
- All items are taxable.
- Record Keeping: It is the responsibility of the consignor to maintain all records of consigned items.
- All transactions and resolutions to disputes will take place in (Leland, NC).
- CFC reserves the rights to run “Sales” on certain items or groups of items as inventory levels dictate.
- If an item does not sell in the 90 day consignment period, the consignor will be notified by phone or e-mail. The consignor will pick up the item or we can donate in your behalf. If we do not reach you (see item 6), CFC ask that you respond to us within 5 days. If no contact is made after that 5 day period a second attempt will be made using contact information (see item 6). If after the second attempt no response is provided the items in question convert to CFC store inventory.